Monday, March 9, 2009

I just got back!

I just got back from Tennessee last night. It was great! We were serenaded with beautiful music from Allison's school quire, and I got to see the rolling hills that I love so much. It took us about 13 hours of driving to get to my cousins house. They have a large piece of land and Lee and I (Allison's younger brother) built a fort in an old hollow tree. I had a fabulous time. I also showed Allison how to Swing dance. (With the little skill that I have) Somehow, with my less than worthy skill, she caught on extraordinarily well. I will post more pictures later. I have so many! We also went to the Creation Museum in Ohio. It is wonderfully put together and clearly shows the importance of the Biblical perspective.
We watched the extended version of the Lord of the Rings movies on the way back. While I was watching them I wrote thoughts and poems down on some napkins. I must say that I like the sound of them. The first one has a triple meaning to it. First it's about the Bradford pear trees that bloom in the spring time. And secondly it’s about the White elf Galadriel in LotR. And thirdly it’s about a young Christian woman who in not so normal in the world today. I hope you enjoy.

White lady of the forest
standing tall and pure
dressed with the winter snow
amidst the green of spring
brown and gray
melt away
to reveal flowers of blue and gold

for love she waits
soft and sweet
mild and meek
strange among the rough and crooked trees of the world
she stands for hope and grace
untouched by darkness

through the forest
she shines beauty and brightness
clear and full of life
in the shadows dark and dim
demons lurk cruel and grim
war is at hand
still she stands unyielding
to the call of the wind

1 comment: