Thursday, March 10, 2011

Gymnastics


My older brother Tyler (age 22) is in the process of owning a gymnastics gym called Jenny's Gym. Jenny is a sweet lady (around 24) who has a husband and three little ones of her own to take care of, and no longer wants to run the gym. It is VERY small, but with a good manager, and God's help, I think Tyler can make it a go. Owning a gym is something he has wanted to do since he got into Tumbling about 7 or 8 years ago.

Jenny's Gym had the very first Homeschool Gymnastics class yesterday, and I am now an official gymnastics teacher! I'm so excited! I did Tumbling for 5 years, until I hurt my back in an unrelated incident, and could no longer do high impact training. I loved Tumbling SO much, and I'm so glad that I will at least be able to teach it :D

The teachers will be rotating, and yesterday I had the 3 to 5 year olds. They were absolutely darling! One of the 5 year olds, his name was Matthew, called me "Coach". Oh! My heart melted! I love being called Coach! I had five kids in my class, two were 5, two were 4, and the 3 year old was the only girl. Three of the families that came were from our church, and I have had the pleasure of babysitting most of their kids. There were 19 kids in all. A great turn out!

We learned front rolls, and cartwheels, then on the mini tramp we learned straight, tuck, and straddle jump. I think they had fun. I know I sure did! Here's to hoping I can teach the older kids just as well :)

Please pray that Tyler will have a booming business, and that he will earn enough money to help get the gym out of debt before he becomes the "Official" Owner.


~God Bless,
Amy K



This is a video of Tyler training in 2008. Since then he has gone on to Nationals several times, and just this year he retired from competition (by choice).

3 comments:

  1. Awww! I am happy to hear you will be able
    to be involved in tumbling again! :) How
    fun! I am sure you will be an excellent
    teacher! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's uh...pretty nuts! I can imagine Tyler doing some crazy things with all that flipping (Kind of like the one on the video no doubt).
    No, he's really good. He's a hundred times better than I am, heh!

    ReplyDelete