Friday, October 28, 2011

Praise the Lord for Church family and repeat costomers

I made this for our church fall festival. It was the second time that I had used fondant on a cake. None of the stores around here had a pumpkin shaped pan, which is strange since it is harvest time. A bunt pan served the purpose well, after I cut out the small bumps out in between the larger ones.



This was such a cute idea, I just had to do it! These were the same people that I've made a cake for before, it was for their granddaughter Kennedy, she's turning 3 years old.  And the only reason that most of the purple circles are empty, is because I ran out of icing! :) The cake is completely covered in fondant, and the decorations are done in royal icing.

3 comments:

  1. I want your cake!!!!!!!!!!!!! No seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Amy, I really wish I could have you bake me and my brother Jordan one of those awesome delights! Our birthday is next month on the third. However, it would probably be a lot of trouble doing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be happy too. It would cost a little more since I would have to deliver it to you. I'll email you and we can talk design and pricing :)

    ReplyDelete