Thursday, April 2, 2009

April 2nd

I love playing tricks on people! You can ask anyone that I know. But, sadly, I have never gotten anyone on April 1st. :( But I saw a good prank yesterday.

Mom and I went over to one of her friend's house to help her with the preparation for her daughters wedding. There were allot of ladies there, I was the youngest, and the tallest. I was like the Amazon woman! No one even came up to my shoulder! It was funny. The ladies there were my moms prayer group that always get together when one of the kids get married. So we had three generations working on the food, set up, and arrangement of everything on the tables. There were the mothers, me and the girl getting married, and a grandmother. It was fun. Sherry Lee is a practical joker like me, except she is in her late 50's. She had one of her friends drop buy and give her a face tattoo. It looked real. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it. It's one of those kinds that goes around the ankle. Another lady helped her with telling every one and leading them to believe that it was real. Cony has about 6 tattoo's so when someone asked why it was shiny, she said that it was the ointment that was supposed to be on it. (She is also in her late 50's) It was a great prank. There were only four who where let in on it and that included me. :) Sherry Lee's mother was trying to stay calm but you could tell that she was ANGRY. Poor dear. She said that she was very surprised that Sherry would do such a foolish thing so close to her daughters wedding. Then finally she said that it was fake. And her mom said "It had better be!" It was great. All those ladies are so fun.

I had so many creative ideas! I had to deal with shortage of supplies (chocolate) and figure out what to make with what we had. the idea was to have those big pretzel sticks dipped in white chocolate and yellow sprinkles. We couldn't go to the store and we where running out of sprinkles AND chocolate. But we had tons of pretzels left. So I said that we could do with out sprinkles and drizzle the chocolate on instead of dipping. Well that created a mess and the chocolate was clumping off the spoon and not drizzling. So I said that we needed to make a piping bag. I was going to make one out of a Ziploc bag but I found that the chocolate would probably melt it because it was hot. So Sherry Lee made one out of parchment paper (which is what your supposed to do anyway) but she cut the end off to big. The chocolate was pouring out instead of me squeezing what I wanted to come out. That was a mess. At the end she made another one and didn't cut of the end at all. That was great. It worked perfect. It looked dainty and I did swirls and when I was done it looked professional! But, alas the ones that looked professional where the last 12 or so. I actually did about 100. Oh well. The girl who's wedding we where getting ready for was the most relaxed bride I have ever seen. And I have seen quite a few. I love helping with weddings. I've helped with, mmmmm, lets see. 6. Most were my relatives tho. I guess I'll have lots of practice when it's my time. :)

Mom said that the brides family does the wedding, the Groom's does the flowers. So I get to do my brothers weddings! And hopefully my sister in law will let me help with something. I've always wondered if I'll be the first to get married. I doubt it. I'm the youngest.

Here is a picture that came close to what we where doing. the white chocolate was heavyer and there was no milk chocolate underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment