Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My painting! (I think)

This is of the San Antonio River-Walk. I'm sending it to the Orozos in France. They used to live there for a while. I'll send a scan, not the original. :) I like it too much! (even though I do love the Orozco family) The trees are really detailed, but you can't see it here. :( Since my camera is lost there isn't a camera in the whole house!

This is an Oil pastel painting. Or drawing. I can't decide. My Art teacher, Mr. Normile, says that i can call it a painting. Any way, It took me about 5 hours to complete this. It's the first one I have done in this particular medium. i didn't like it very much, but I might do another one sometime.

I'm so exited!!! I get to start Oil Paint! I picked a picture to paint this week and sketched it out. It is a silhouette of a hunter with a gun over his shoulder looking down at his dog who is looking up at him. It's really neat looking. And the sky is orange behind him with clouds and whatnot. I might do a little gold and pink too. Its all in the painters hand. :)

I took this picture on the web cam, Tyler helped me. He was messing around with it and he had it in his hand, so I was taking crazy pictures of him. I thought it was funny because he is 20 years old and had never seen the back of his head. LOL! I'm a girl so its important to have a 360 look at your hair before you go out of the house. I have a little mirror that I use with my big mirror in my bathroom. But with Guys it's different. They look the same all the time. :) He was surprised at how his head looked! He said it looked strange. *sigh* Boys.


In Christ,
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment