Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Mannequin American

Mannequin Americans should not be judged, but understood as the rest of the people here in the United States. Just because they can't move on their own, or sometimes have no arms and legs doesn't mean that we shouldn't treat them with the utmost respect and courtesy...

OK, that was not a real post. That was just to catch your eye so that you would read this whole thing. Studies show that 69% of people never get to the end of a blog post because they are bored. Again, that percentage is not true. :D Hehe.

All of this to say, I got a rather interesting project the other day.

I volunteer at the Twice as Nice resale shop that operates to raise money that goes to the Crisis Pregnancy Recourse Center. (which is now the Woman to Woman Pregnancy Recourse Center, because it is no longer a Crisis to have a teenage pregnancy) I was working there rearranging the store and there was an ugly mannequin lady dressed and propped up on top of the dress rack. I was talking to Rita (don't know her last name) and she said that if someone could take her home and repaint her, that it would improve the stores quality so much. I talked to another lady and she said that they would always try to hide her face with sunglasses and a scarf. lol. So, of course, I volunteered to take her home and give her a make over! What teenage girl would pass up on an opportunity like this?



This is before she got her makeover.







And During...(her hair cut)I put her hair on my soccer ball, and I put that on my cosmetics kit. (its stupid but hey it worked)



And this is how much I cut off.




And these are the after photos!






Her wig was not real hair, so it would not let me style it at all. But I had so much fun doing it! I asked mom if it would be alright if I cut the hair because it was so terrible. She said that it was my decision... so I cut it off :)

When I took it back to the resale shop the ladies went gaga over it. :) Made me feel like I did a good job. And now I have two heads that they gave me to fix up... More on that latter.

~Amy K

1 comment: