Monday, February 16, 2009

Exodus 2

A Creative Writing story from the bible. It is from a different perspective then what you would normally get.

Growing by the water, I wave in the breeze. The wind plays with me, flexible and strong. Quietly watching the children frolic and grow.

One day, I was picked and woven into a basket. A basket that would soon hold the future. I heard screams and crying from the other houses. I was picked up roughly and had a baby placed in my belly. She covered the babe and carried me and my precious cargo down to the river.

The girl beside us looked miserable as the woman that was carrying us placed us gently in the water and pushed us on our way. Drifting ceaselessly onward. Then finally I saw something in a clearing just up ahead. Suddenly, there was a group of young woman around me, and the infant was taken from me. I had served my purpose, and so was cast aside.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Amy that is incredible. Did you write that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I did. It was really fun. You should do it sometime. Just write a story from the Bible from a different perspective. Could you tell what story it was?

    ReplyDelete